WHAT IS THE KNUST WIFI?
As a student one fundamental cost you would incur is the cost of incessant data. The KNUST WIFI provides you an avenue to save this cost. It also provides you a unique experience to enjoy WIFI anywhere on campus irrespective of your device.
WHY SHOULD STUDENTS BE INTERESTED IN IT?
- It is convenient
- It gives students an opportunity to save money
- It is compatible with all devices ( i.e both android and IOS)
HOW DO YOU SET-UP KNUST WIFI ON YOUR ANDROID DEVICE
Follow this 5 simple steps to set-up KNUST WIFI on your android device:
- Go to settings and turn on your WIFI connection
- From the available WIFI profiles, select KNUST WIFI
- Locate the ‘advanced options’ from the setting menu. You would see an option to configure EAP method.
- Under the EAP method option, select TTLS, under the Phase 2 authentication select PAP.
- Finally you enter your username and password in the space provided for identity and password respectively. The option that says anonymous identity field should be filled with your name. Then you review your details and click on the connect button.
HOW DO YOU SET-UP KNUST WIFI ON YOUR IOS DEVICE
FOLLOW THIS 4 SIMPLE STEPS TO SET-UP KNUST WIFI ON YOUR IOS DEVICE
- Download the link above using your iPhone, from the download button select direct download option
- After selecting the download option, tap on install on the new window that pops up with the some information about the profile. Enter a passcode (if requested) then tap on install again
- Enter your username, tap on the next option and enter your password, select the next option and tap on Done
- Go to settings, then turn on the WIFI and choose KNUST WIFI.Upon request, ensure you credentials are properly inputted and tap the connect button. After this you should be able to use the wifi on your ios device
P.S If your device is neither IOS nor android or your have peculiar technical challenges with your device. You can visit the UIT office for further assistance on how to configure the WIFI on your device.