Home General News Boy, 15, diagnosed with coronavirus escapes from hospital in Upper West

Boy, 15, diagnosed with coronavirus escapes from hospital in Upper West

A 15-year-old boy under quarantine for suspected COVID-19 has been declared missing by the police in the Upper West Region of Ghana.
Titus Maabang, a resident of Bu in the Nandom District had been admitted at the St.Theresa’s Hospital after he fell sick on Saturday, May 2, 2020.

He was subsequently diagnosed with the virus and was isolated at the facility while awaiting the test results of his samples.

Hospital authorities said the teenager could not be traced at the said facility at about 9am on Wednesday, May 13, 2020.

A statement released by the Public Relations Unit of the Ghana Police Service in the Upper West Region on Thursday, May 15, said efforts are underway to find the victim.

Advertisement

Photos of Titus have since been released by the Police and a copy made to Dailymailgh.com for onward circulation. The development has heightened fear among hospital staff and the Nandom community who may have been exposed to the patient.

While calling for calm, the Upper West Regional Police Command is urging hospital authorities and the general public to volunteer “reliable information to get in touch with the patient to avoid the spread” of the virus.
This is not the first time the region is recording such a case. Earlier in April, a Nigerien man was also declared missing after he tested positive for the virus.

He was later found and quarantined for treatment after a serious search. The region currently has 21 COVID-19 cases.

Source: GhanaWeb

Facebook Comments

Must Read

Related News

Facebook Comments