The National Union of Ghana Students(NUGs), KNUST chapter, has at the state of SRC address outlined their achievement during their tenure of office.
The president of NUGS, Miss Sabrina, expressed her profound gratitude to the entire KNUST students for their support and critiques which she said inspired and kept her honest in her journey.
- She mentioned some of their achievements to be;
- Acquiring an office space at the SRC hostel, room 311A for the Local NUGS secretariat.
- Collaborating with the SRC and Debate Society in organising the RP Baffour Memorial Debate Tournament.
- Launching of the maiden edition of the NUGS AID
- Health Screening and blood donation exercises.
- Donation of items to the KNUST hospital and First Aid Training in collaboration with HESA.
- Donation of First Aid boxes to colleges and halls.
- Embarking on an outreach to Nyamebekyere community, first time outreach outside the school by the local NUGS.
- Paying outstanding fees of some very needy students
- Organising a Women Empowerment Program dubbed Heroine.
- E-zwitch card registration in collaboration with CBG.
- Amendment of the Local NUGS constitution.
She said with enthusiasm that she and her executives were what KNUST yearned for, “if I had told you a year ago that NUGs KNUST would be felt by the ordinary KNUST, this relevant, you might have said our sight was set a little too high. But that is what you did, that is what we did, we were the change
KNUST-NUGs yearned for“, she stated.
Miss Sabrina proudly stated that, she and her executives have made NUGs a better one.
“I can boldly say today that NUGs is a better and stronger union than it was when we took office”, she made known.
She finalized everything by saying she was very grateful for having been given the opportunity to serve as president and that being a president doesn’t change who you are but rather reveals who you are. She thanked everyone and said, “The Lord is our banner”.
Story by: Lonta Doris – Campus360gh